Dealing with a home lockout can be pretty frustrating. Maybe you need to find your key; maybe it broke in the lock. No matter the reason, you now find yourself unable to enter your own home. So, what can you do to help prevent situations like these from happening? The answer is to work with your locksmith to come up with some home lockout solutions in Orlando.
The more prepared you are before a home lockout occurs, the more prepared you are to prevent one from ever happening. Here are some of the suggestions we have to reduce the chances of a lockout situation:
- Cut Spares of Your Keys & Keep the Duplicate Copies on Hand 24/7
- Periodically Have Your Locks Inspected for Faulty Mechanisms
- Repair, Rekey, or Change Stuck, Broken, or Missing Keys & Locks Prior to a Home Lockout Situation
- Consider Giving a Spare Key to a Trustworthy Family Member or Friend
- Hide a Spare Key in Your Garage, or Pick a Safe & Secluded Location in Your Backyard or on Your Porch That No One Knows About
- Have Our 24-Hour Locksmith’s Number on Hand so We Can Come Out the Moment You Experience a Problem
A high-security key is precisely what it sounds like—a key that is virtually impossible to replicate without permission. These advanced keys are designed to work with locks that cannot be picked, bumped, or circumvented by any other methods. So, when a locksmith refers to a key as “high security,” they are referring to keys and locks that provide the most door control and resistance.
But what happens if you end up losing your keys or locking them inside your vehicle? Will you still be able to call a locksmith for a car key duplication in Orlando for a high-security key? The answer is yes! But there is a lot more work involved to ensure that not just anyone will be able to make duplicates of these very protective keys.
To duplicate a high-security key, your auto locksmith will need to obtain the original cuts, or the “key code,” to laser-cut the new key. Once the key code has been retrieved, the key-cutting machine will need to be set up with the correct vehicle manufacturer and key profile. Finally, the locksmith can begin cutting the blade to the correct specifications.
Because of this process, it is always a good idea to get a spare key made before you end up in a situation where you need it. This will drastically reduce the amount of time—and potentially even cost—of your car key duplication service.